1. Was 2011 a good year for you?
Good and bad. A lot of nostalgia for things past. A lot.
2. What was your favourite moment of the year?
Visiting Hayley in Edinburgh was nice. Miriam's visit to London was fun. I think coming back to Wellesley and everything that meant was great. Training/orientation was good. The internship had some good moments.
3. What was your least favourite moment of the year?
january in general was bad in some ways. And overall, London wasn't the greatest. But I think the worst was coming to term with my dad's fading.
4. What are your plans for 2012?
Be braver. Figure out my life one piece at a time.
5. What countries did you visit?
England and France.
6. What date in 2011 will remain etched in your memory?
Oh good god, like I can remember dates.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I'm pretty happy with how my social life went, friendships and relationships. the summer's intensity went well. It may be overdramatic, but I think not falling apart is a pretty big accomplishment.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Chemistry and Genetics. Academics in general were somewhat difficult..
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Not me, no.. just a cold.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
museum tickets...I don't know?
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really really really excited about?
being back at Wellesley. Kind of sad, but London didn't excite me all that much, although Borough market totally did.
14. What songs will always remind you of 2011?
Florence and the Machine: see all, and also Adele.
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) Fatter or thinner? There's a little more of me.
b) Happier or sadder? Sadder. But better at coping with it, I hope.
c) Richer or poorer? Hrmmm probably about the same but it's hard to tell.
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Taking life by the balls, being cowardly.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my family.
20. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Not in a first time scenario, no.
21. How many one night stands?
22. What was your favourite TV show?
Doctor Who? I dunno.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No one that i can think of.
24. What was/were the best books you read?
I think I read The Magicians around this time? also, um... I dunno. A lot.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Adele! Because I get 30% of new music recommendations from older male relatives.
26. What did you want and get?
a continued relationship. a fun summer internship. a good experience being back with friends at Swelles.
27. What did you want and not get?
my dad to get better, my mom to get some relief. Mind you it was a bit of a long shot.
28. What was your favourite film this year?
50/50 was pretty good even if it did make me sob.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
for my twenty-first birthday I went to bed early the night before with a swig of whiskey, and then had a party with a bunch of british extended family members.
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
hobo chique, with frequent appearances of a bright teal Costco windbreaker.
32. What kept you sane?
i don't know. other people.
33. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
hrmmmmm Matt Bomer?
34. Which political issue stirred you the most?
god I dunno, everything?
35. Who did you miss?
miriam, hayley, alex and my wellesley friends. my dad.
36. Did you treat somebody badly in 2011?
37. Did somebody treat you badly in 2011?
Probably? I'm sure I felt as much.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
there's a lot of terrible situations out there. Even if it's hopeless, it helps to find humour.